Indie Gems: Teeth

When you think your sex life sucks...

Think about Dawn's. (Jess Weixler) She's a high school student that believes in purity. She's saving herself for marriage, refuses to think any impure thoughts, she's an all around good girl. Only all this is fueled by the fact that she has teeth in her vagina. You read that right.

This is one of those movies that I heard about when it first came out back in 2007, and thought "That's so ridiculous...I have to see it." It took awhile, but I finally got to sit down and watch it.

And this movie is ridiculous. There's plenty of shots of severed penises and lots of screaming, but it finds a good balance between being funny and being interesting. This film knows it's over the top and embraces it, and I can't help but love it for that.

Grade: B

Memorable Quote: "I'm a virgin.....in his eyes." - Tobey (Hale Appleman)

Comments

  1. So glad you got to see this. It's such a fun, quirky movie. Its comedy is pitch black which works perfectly. Plus, I saw it as a way more effective urging for teen abstinence than those crappy Twilight flicks which tried so hard in that area. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is, and they definitely don't shy away from the gore part of it either.

      Delete
  3. I never took the time to watch this film... but I still think the premise is hilarious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a glimpse of it before. My friend showed some parts of it while I'm stopping by. Really, it has a definitely unique premise with enough gore to make me paralyzed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol It really is! You definitely can't say there are many films like this one.

      Delete
  5. Oh Lord, I'd forgotten all about this movie. I didn't watch it, but my daughter did. I remember having kind of a morbid fascination with the fact that this premise even exists.

    I often wonder who comes up with this kind of stuff. And I am reminded of an interview I saw with the guy who created Killer Joe. He had been asked about the infamous K-Fry-C scene. People wondered, "How do you even think of something like that." He responded, "I may not have been entirely sober." Classic! And it probably explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I imagine movies like this stem from conversations people have while high. I mean, how else would we get movies like this and 'Rubber' for example?

      Delete
  6. I've seen some of this on TV, and that was too much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I can see how men might not want to see this one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum