DVD Review: Big Hero 6

Nerd school!

13 year old Hiro (voiced by Ryan Potter) is finally convinced by his older brother, Tadashi (Daniel Henney) to go to the tech college he attends. He shows Hiro Baymax, (Scott Adsit) a health care robot he has been working on, and that pushes Hiro to create something equally as extraordinary. But when tragedy strikes and his invention is stolen by an evil masked man. Hiro and his friends must band together to stop him.

Well, at least my kid loved this movie. He's been wanting to see it for ages, and it was at our discount theater, so why not? I know I went into this movie with a mini chip on my shoulder because this one the Oscar over How To Train Your Dragon 2. But I was right, this wasn't better. It's not a bad kids movie, it just feels like several other ones that are already out there. I know it's based on a graphic novel, but that still didn't stop it from looking like another version of the The Incredibles or Miles from Tomorrowland or any of those Disney movies with similiar animation. The music was very good and really elevated the movie, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't anything special. And all the funny Baymax parts were already in the trailer.

Recommended: Yes for your kids, no for you.

Grade: C+

Memorable Quote: "My brain hates my eyes for seeing this." - Wasabi (Damon Waynes Jr.)

Comments

  1. LOL, I think I gave this an A-...and gave How to Train Your Dragon 2 a C :-P

    Four Ways a Best Picture is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try really hard not to bitch that HTTYD2 didn't win and this did...oh who am I kidding, bitching is coming.

      Delete
    2. Though I agree HTTYD is the better film overall, I really enjoyed this one! I wish they hadn't shown all the great Baymax scenes in the trailer though.

      Delete
    3. It was just so generic. The funniest part was that guy cutting a circle and it not matching up. That's the only part I laughed at.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, this was pretty generic stuff. Having seen all 5 films now, I think it's the worst of the Oscar nominees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely shocked that it was nominated. Especially over Lego Movie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum